Friday, September 19, 2008

My scary story--I'm not even lying!

So, last Sunday morning around 5:30am I was feeding Brigham while getting a few zzzz's. He reached his hand over just below my neck and kinda scratched me. Well, I thought that hurt. Then I thought, wait that really hurt, he scratched me good. I got out of bed to look in the mirror. The first thing I saw was 2 little red marks. Yikes, my first thought was spider (we have seen black widows in our garage)! I ran back to the bed to see if I could find whatever it was and because I knew Brigham was there! I looked all over the bed, behind it, and then looked down. When I looked down I saw a small scorpion just below my waist stuck to my pajamas! I knew I couldn't swat it away so I quickly grabbed a blanket and snatched the scorpion up and killed it. Yeah, so it stung, but I was even more terrified because I know that it was so close to Brigham! He really did reach his hand up and I think he startled the scorpion and then it stung me. That means his hand was right there. I handled the sting very well, but I don't think his little body would have been so lucky! I said some extra "thank you" prayers the next couple of days! I still have the scorpion (it's kinda squished) and will post pictures of it later. I have been shaking out all our bedding, checking in shoes, etc. the last week. I could go for awhile without another scary story!

11 comments:

Nancy Page said...

I check my sheets and blankets now, too.

Dandi said...

I was sitting on the floor a year ago brushing my son's teeth (his head was in my lap) and I saw a scorpian on my thigh. I didn't know what to do. I made my son get up really fast and tried to swat it off my leg as quickly as I could. It didn't come off. I tried again and that time it came off. My husband was there by then and killed it on the floor some how. I was freaking out for a couple of weeks after that. I am so glad I didn't get stung. I am glad you are okay.

Marsha said...

Oh how awful! I HATE scorpions. I've been stung once (in H.S.). We had a lot of them growing up, so every night I had a routine of checking between blankets, walls, floors, etc. But next to a little baby is scary. So glad he was OK.

kate said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I've heard that their are a lot of them in Arizona? SCARY!!!

Unknown said...

So grateful that you are okay. I was stung on my thumb (reached under a shelf to clean) by a scorpion in my house two years ago. It swelled up like you wouldn't believe. It hurt for months!

We can use all the prayers we can get. So grateful Brigham is okay!!!!

Love you so much! Mom

Heather said...

Hey Michelle this is Heather (Farnsworth) Anderson. Im not sure how i found your blog but i thought i would stop by and say hello i just started a blog you can check it out if you want it is http://andersonfamily02.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

That is so Freaky! I am seriously checking for scorpions EVERYWHERE!! YikeS!

Kristi said...

Hey Michelle - I didn't know you had a blog! AWESOME!!!! check out ours sometime!
I am glad that everything turned out ok - that is really scary! Yikes!!!!
(Also - I need to know how much I owe ya! ;))

The Fish Family said...

I loathe scorpions. I used to hate spiders more than anything until I moved here and became acquainted with those nasty little creatures. They are now my #1 hated thing. So glad that you and Brigham were alright. It was nice chatting with you today and I look forward to getting our food supply together!!!

*junkrestore* said...

I was stung by a scorpion when I was about three, I was small enough that I still used my hands when I was climbing stairs and there was a scorpion hiding in the corner, I got so sick, I think I needed a blessing... Not fun little buggers...

Anonymous said...

Scary! Just found your blog through BlogFrog, I graduated from CHS in '83. Lived in Prescott and Flagstaff and fortunately never ran into a scorpion, did have a rattlesnake run in though!

Hope you'll check in on my crazy life!